Sunday, December 4, 2011

Un Born Baby's Cry


I had a dream the other night
   So unusual, so profound, so troubling
    That I woke up trembling, in tears.
                     
    In my dream I heard a child's voice
    Speaking to me almost in a whisper
But full of primal joy at being newly alive
I felt deeply the child's reverence and awe
  At the discovery of it's own existence
      And I shared in the excitement.
                     
Then I heard another voice - and another -
  And soon there seemed to be thousands,
millions of children, all in various stages
of development, all grateful for life - and
  all singing the same urgent chorus, the
 same fervent plea - for, though each and
  every one of those children was already
  experiencing LIFE, not one had yet been
                   born.
                     
                 1st CHILD
                     
             I'm one month old
              I'm very small
        I feel me growing every day
          In this warm dark place
                     
    My heart is the biggest part of me
             And it's beating!
          I'm so glad to be alive
                  So glad
                To be alive
            
                Let me live
       Let me walk into the sunshine
                Let me live
      Feel my mother's arms around me
     Feel my father's love surround me
        Be a part of God's creation
                Let me live
                     
                 2nd CHILD
                     
                  Fingers
                 And toes
               My own mouth
                My own lips
       And I'm two months old today
         My heart is beating fast
         And I feel another heart
              Big and strong
      Somewhere, everywhere around me
             Is it my mother?
                     
                 3rd CHILD
                     
           I'm three months old
           And my arms and legs
              Have real bones
                I'm growing
             And kicking too!
             Can you feel it?
            I can turn my head
  I can squint and frown and make a fist
          See I can curl my toes
 And I think my mother knows I'm here now
                I'm alive!
                     
                I'm alive!
                     
              I woke up then,
    I knew I was hearing something real
     Thousands of unborn children were
  Singing to me from their mothers wombs
  They're not just mindless bits of flesh
   They're HUMAN BEINGS; already in touch
  With their Mothers, with God, with LIFE
          They deserve to LIVE!!
                     
                Let me live
       Let me walk into the sunshine
                Let me live
      Feel my mother's arms around me
     Feel my father's love surround me
        Be a part of God's creation
               Let me live.

No comments:

Post a Comment